Check out the The Rowe Sanctuary Cran Cam which is live from Mar. 7 - Apr. 6, 2008. THis is when the largest collection of cranes migrate to Alaska to breed, but stop in Nebraska in the spring to eat and rest. My sister drives there from Colorado to see it live, and says it's quite a spectacle. Best viewing times are 6:30-8:30 AM CST 7:00-9:00 PM CST.... in the comfort and warmth of your own home. Grab a cup of coffee and watch.
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/cranecam/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hi Sydney. This is Silk from "The Silken Touch", responding to your comment (which, by the way, I did erase as asked, but I stupidly erased it before jotting down your email address. Luckily I remembered the name, so I was able to find your profile, and thus this blog).
It is odd that you got the comment notification from my old blog, "I Don't Understand". Glenn, whoever he is, doesn't have a profile, and so if he checked the "Email follow-up comments to...", and you were the last person with a profile to comment on that blog, it's possible there's a bug in Blogger whereby the notifications would go to you instead of to him.
As far as Glenn is concerned, he can go to my old blog and see the comment response I left for him, and take it from there. If he doesn't follow up, then he's not that concerned.
Ahah! A different mystery definitely solved: Sitemeter has been showing a mystery visitor from Houston. It was driving me a little batty. It must be you!After a bad experience last fall that sent me and my blog into hiding, I worry a little when I don't know who a visitor is. Welcome.
Another possibility just occured to me - if you had checked "Email follow-up comments to..." back when you had asked for my new URL, that would result in your getting comment notifications from "I Don't Understand" until you unsubscribe. See if the emails you received have an "unsubscribe" link button on the bottom.
Yay! Today was my lucky day for I saw a bunch or Cranes and 2 big elephants and a baby elephant. It was an overcast day where the Cranes were, but the elephants came in very clear. I watched the Mama elephant catch and eat her fish with her baby behind her. After they disappeared into the forest another elephant caught a fish, ate and also disappeared into the trees. Watching them is very relaxing. Thanks again for the links!
Hi Gayle, I found it is relaxing too. Someone called me to let me know she just keeps it on in the background sometimes as she does other things in the house because she likes the sounds of birds, crickets, and the occasional roar! Great idea.
Sydney, I don't usually get on the computer early in the morning - more like late at night, but I did get 1 more glimpse of the Cranes before they migrated. I went to the other link and saw an Owl at an off time. In fact I check the Africa cam daily just to see what I may see! Thanks for giving me a trip to Boswania through the lens of this camera! I'll email you soon. (Glad to hear you're healing)
I just love this type of stuff! When the baby panda was born at the DC zoo, I haunted the site daily to watch it grow! So thank you for the info.
Hi Sydney. Surprise, it is Sue saying a special hello to you. I don't have a blog, but you can see my email, can't you? Use it anytime. I read in your book prefernce that you like journals. I just learned of a website that has Civil War love letters on it. I haven't checked it out, it may seem too personal to enjoy, but it is tempting me.
I wanted to thank you for your many kind words.
Post a Comment