Sunday, July 20, 2008

This Squirrel's Got Cahones

BIG ones, quite literally, attractively highlighted by dark black fur. This picture just does not capture it -- er, them --well enough but I wanted to leave the guy some dignity.

He was chasing a little girl squirrel around in circles. Charming how they play like this, I thought, so amusing, so very Chip and Dale (I know, they were chipmunks, but whatever...). I got closer to shoot a mini-movie of them to put here but of course the minute they saw me they broke apart, more interested to learn if I had any almonds or cashews for them.

That's when I noticed that he has plenty in the nuts department.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved this post! My soon to be six year old grandson loves squirrel's. We live next to a park, so we have plenty of visitors daily. When he was three years old, he named a few of them. The daddy squirrel is "George", mama is "Cindy" the boy is "Nikko" and the girl is "Nikki". We have no idea where he ever came up with the names, but that is who they are according to him.

Whenever we spotted a squirrel heading our way, we would say "here comes George" only to find out we were wrong and it was one of the others, so he told us.

I will have to show him the picture and the video the next time he visits. He is going to have one question for us. "Nana and Papa, why can Sydney get close to her squirrel's, but we can't with ours?"...I know it's coming.

Thanks for sharing your fun!

Off topic:My son is loving his job with MTV-U. It is keeping him very busy, but he loves every bit of it.

Thanks for keeping us updated on Meb. I was so sorry to hear the news. I guess now all we can do is keep her in our thoughts and prayers and hopefully she will be better than ever once everything is over.

I will miss BB tonight. I have to play volleyball tonight. I will record it and watch it later.