Monday, October 20, 2008

A Moment for Giraffe Appreciation

I loaded a few things before I left so I could post them while away if I could get to a computer. I took a little video of this one year old baby girl last weekend while I took my friends and their kids to a special feeding. There's no great story behind it, just my way of inviting you to join me in my appreciation of these sweet beasts. There is one point she raises her head and my camera tilts way up... Reminds you how tall she is and how much taller she's destined to be-- her daddy's almost 18 feet high!



2 comments:

bindu said...

Cute! What is she eating? Something corn-based? I read Omnivore's Dilemma and it was shocking to see how they feed farm animals (cows) corn based food and it destroys their stomachs. I found that the regular cat food we used to buy our cats was also corn based, and we've switched to one that's got more chicken etc. in it. I wonder what zoos do ...

meb said...

Love that Sydney... Gorgeous animal and while you say he's a baby, sure doesn't appear to be. Now will his coloring change... is that a stupid question? (and I'm calling it a he). I mean, I had never seen a black squirrel before you put it here either, so stuff happens.

Any way... thanks for sharing your adventures with us.