The movies do more for the sake of posterity than just pictures, but so far I'm not sure I've been able to capture just how utterly adorable they are. It doesn't help that I'm trying to take those movies while feeding them one drop at a time and supporting their little bodies with the other hand -- You can see the black line of the plunger eek its way down the syringe I'm holding. But I think this one below got close to it.
His little paws kneading my palm just slayed me! I love his fuzzy forearms and how he blinks contentedly as his belly gets full.
I've noticed that unlike with other things I do, the hours fly by. I'm never really tired or want to take a break, or even get hungry. I am completely focused, in the moment. I don't think of anything else. And when I'm away from them, I can't wait to get back (it's kind of like being in love).
I've noticed that unlike with other things I do, the hours fly by. I'm never really tired or want to take a break, or even get hungry. I am completely focused, in the moment. I don't think of anything else. And when I'm away from them, I can't wait to get back (it's kind of like being in love).
Part of it is because when you have squiggling little lives in your hands, all of whom have a different eating style, and some of whom are sick and need special patience and attention, you have to be focused. But it has a special essence, this kind of focus. I take it as a sign that this is really something right for me to be doing in this life.

13 comments:
Hi Sydney!!
This is the first time I've been to this one of your blogs!!! I had no idea!! I think I've read almost all your posts here! You are so lucky!! I love it!! Absolutely love it! I want to go volunteer at the zoo now!!
Peace & Love.
Cute! I tried getting some pictures last time we fed the squirrels, but they were moving so much, I couldn't get any good ones. Taking my camera again tomorrow!
I get such a kick out of you and what you are doing. Seems they are so lucky to have you, and you them.
This little one is quite precious!
hi Sydney - I've put up a post about these squirrels today - your video is just amazing. My pictures aren't that good - wish I'd got better ones - now the squirrels have gone home!
I am smiling ear to ear.
Now I wish I had a decent zoo in my area so I could go volunteer! You are one very luck woman Syd!
We need more movies!!!!
geez Sydney you write so ~beautifully~ i love the 'baby' stories sighhhh and the blog on the lion, what a way with words YOU have! and i just read about your allergies... i love to hear words of *hope* in this area as my eldest daughter ia anaphylactic to nuts, sesame, legumes and it is quite restricting these days what with all the food factories possibly having nut traces in their processing practices/factories (& an invisible trace can be deadly in my daughters case)But she has been asking lately to do some more testing & i hope perhaps there might be some good news, but i hesitate as generally anaphylaxis just gets worse with age... i often wonder how she will go with her first boyfriend... I mean how do you screen a boy about what he has eaten before your very first kiss??? You'll have to tell us your allergic boyfriend tales X;-)
vicki xoxox
geez Sydney you write so ~beautifully~ i love the 'baby' stories sighhhh and the blog on the lion, what a way with words YOU have! and i just read about your allergies... i love to hear words of *hope* in this area as my eldest daughter ia anaphylactic to nuts, sesame, legumes and it is quite restricting these days what with all the food factories possibly having nut traces in their processing practices/factories (& an invisible trace can be deadly in my daughters case)But she has been asking lately to do some more testing & i hope perhaps there might be some good news, but i hesitate as generally anaphylaxis just gets worse with age... i often wonder how she will go with her first boyfriend... I mean how do you screen a boy about what he has eaten before your very first kiss??? You'll have to tell us your allergic boyfriend tales X;-)
vicki xoxox
wooooopzzz!!!
Hi Sydney!
What a fun blog, and a great glimpse into this world of animals. Those little baby squirrels are really something else. How cool! Thanks for bopping over to my blog, and thanks for directing me here!
Cheers.
Really cute video of the baby squirrel Sydney. I never really thought of squirrels as cute till now!
Love the video of the little guy taking it that food.... no doubt you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing right now!
Ahwwwwwwww....how can you not be in love?!
Post a Comment