
This morning I headed past the Meerkats as I always do, as their habitat is right on the path to where volunteers sign in at the zoo. They were all standing in a sliver of sun, warming their bellies, as they do in the AM... all but the designated sentry who dutifully sat high up on a chilly rock peak, looking out for the group.

By the time I left, it was getting cold again, as the sun was going down. I took this picture which I will put up as big as blogger allows. It looks to me like this Meerkat has another curled into him or her, and his/her arms are holding them that way. With tails in the wrong places and haunches looking extra wide, I couldn't tell if there were 2 other Meerkats, one on each side or this one somehow got fat after a Thanksgiving meal of crickets... There are no babies right now, which, if curled up to this one might be about this size... I could not figure it out until I double clicked the picture once posted here, and it blew up enough for me to get it. Perhaps you will double click and tell me what you see.
10 comments:
Yep, definitely at least two of them. You can see the one's head down toward the ground and his leg, which wouldn't fit in with the one facing the picture.
Good catch Sydney. Also like the ones where they are sunning themselves.
*raises hand*
I think I see 3 of them. The obvious one is the middle guy standing sentry duty, but I think there are two others, one on each side of the official meerkat!
May I add that I love you have this outlet and share so much with us. I feel like we are getting a sneak peek into a future book!
I think i see 3 of them. Or it is just me?
Lol! it looks like some little ancient Meerkat religious ceremony...
ooooooh i hope it's not a cult!?! X;-)
Such good photos! My favorite part of the second one is the expression on the gray one's face as he/she leans over the other/s. I won? is he saying? I am happy., is he saying? That feels good! is he saying?
my wv is trick Was this a trick question Sydney?
It looks like two to me. So cute! Perhaps I should check out that show "Meerkat Manor," or some such. I didn't realize what interesting animals they are.
Ok, I am certain of this now... I could swear there were three in this pic, with two curled inward toward each other, both hiding under the arms of the sitting one, but instead it's just one, positioned long ways, tail/hind quarters to the left, head curled under (so snout/eyes/ears are hidden) and a little of his forearm visible on the right. So Laurie, I thought it was three, and Meb, now I see what you do!
I am laughing at your comment Nollyposh, it's right on!
Robbie, it is an incredible show. They are a complete hoot.
And Siz, his expression IS saying something.... perhaps... lady, do you have a blanket?
I think meercats are just adorable. Have watched lots of animal planet series on them, so am envious that you get to work with them!
Sydney... As for Sizzie's thought as to 'is he asking a question', I think he's asking for a blanket too adding "a little privacy here please!"
oh ..
that is one lovey meerkat cuddle!!
Post a Comment