I love watching birds take their baths. They find water anywhere and turn it into their own personal spa. Here is a perfect example. A little grassy pool, where several grackles are at play....
But when I broaden the view you'll find it's actually roadside ditch, astride broken pavement and wire fencing. What you don't see is that this area is under a bunch of toxic electrical wires and across the road is a recycling plant filled with overflowing dumpsters...
The secret to life is to find the beauty and screen out the rest when you can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That last sentence is great. I have been trying to do that since I have found such a great set of cyber friends with which to chat.
Zen Grackles X:-)
Zen Grackles lol Nollyposh!!
I couldn't agree more Sydney...that's how I look at life :)
I love what you say and how you integrated that piece of your home movie into that ~ starting from what's beautiful (the birds in the water), and then showing the biger picture (the birds in the water next to the busy highway) ... you made us focus on the beautiful!
Wonderful way to express a way to remind us to look for the positive and the beauty in our often mundane lives. Thanks!
Sydney... I love what you do with things you see and turn them into a beautiful story... even if they are next to a dirty ole plant and highway. They don't care...they're happy with what they have.
Isn't that the way we should be.
Hey Sydney, Have just blogged some possum photo's... Thought you might like them X:-) Things are so hot here... i have water and food out for my neighborhood animal friends... and i was watching how one of ~my~ crows (well they feel like family!) was 'soaking' the ham i had put out, so that it became easier to pull apart to eat... (and maybe to cOOl it oFF! Lol!) Clever crowies!
Post a Comment