I got to feed this fine feathered fella his noon-time treat... a few little meeces.
I don't mean to freak anyone out, but this is what happens in the wild, part of the old food chain. Hopefully instead the focus will be curiosity in seeing an animal like this up close doing what it naturally does, something we would probably not often have a chance to see. He's not in a cage, but quite happy to sit on this perch and watch everything going on. He's a very good bird.
He came in to the wildlife rehab center hurt and was lovingly nursed back to health. Though his wing was damaged so he could not be released into the wild, he's alive and well cared for. While he doesn't spend his days in the forest, he also doesn't have to worry about predators or injury, extreme heat or cold and he never goes hungry... His meals come to him, fresh, without risk of disease. Not so bad, when I think about it...
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This was pretty cool to watch, Sydney. It's the circle of life up close!
Sydney, I know you're not feeling well, and I don't believe you're even home... so how do you manage to do all this? You're just amazing and I enjoy these so much. Thanks for doing this!
Kinda messy isn't he/she?
Marge, I write out posts and upload pix and videos on at least two of the three blogs before I go, then can publish from my iphone each day. I could be writing much more or at least, more artfully, as I was in the summer, but time prevents me from doing what more I'd like to do.
My cat will occasionally bring home a mouse as a gift (!!!) and after i Thank him (Of course that's only polite!) i then toss it to the local crow family ...and then have been known to sit there fascinated watching how they so neatly clean the carcass out... Can't help myself watching nature at work X:-)
Post a Comment