Saturday, May 16, 2009

Eagle Eye

For now, something timely:
Thanks to Sizzie for sending me this link to a live camera in the nest of a Bald Eagle. There is a baby and two views of it. A must see.

An OGE (the electric company) pole was used for the nest. The pole broke, so OGE repaired it and inserted a camera in the nest as they did. Apparently there were 4 eggs but only one hatched. But you can watch a great, golden headed bald eagle and her baby in the nest live by clicking HERE  (or cutting and pasting) this link:
http://www.suttoncenter.org/eaglecam.html

Check it out and let me know what you think!!!

(I found out the cameras there have broken in a rainstorm... but they've been recently repaired... of course, you have to watch during the daylight hours) 

*Also, please take a moment to click the purple paw to the right of this post, to help animals in need get a meal*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Sydney ! It reminds me of Big Brother. I just spent 5 minutes watching them sleep...and was fasinated by it.

meb said...

I too am fascinated by this Sydney, and I know you are. You probably have a zillion things to do but I'll bet you're glued to the computer watching the baby.

I watched the parents coming and going to get the baby food and feeding it.

Glad Sizzie found this and sent it to youl

Hilary said...

Oh that's so cool. As is your fine blog. I'm going to be checking back here frequently for sure. Thanks for your kind comments on my raccoon post. Very much appreciated. :)

Anonymous said...

I was just at the nest and the baby is alone, standing a little and seems to be intent on dismantling the nest. I guess he is looking for food or toys...I haven't seen him being fed.

Miss Kilpy said...

This is great and thank you for the link. If I had a bar or restaurant I'd have it on the screen non-stop.

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the nest and only one adult is there. Last night the baby was on the top bar trying her wings. I missed the actual flight, though. I'll check the nest this evening and see if the whole family is there.