Monday, October 5, 2009

Tres Amigos

I got to The Park, finally. For the first time in a long time I went for a walk by myself and reveled in all the things that have always nourished me there. I used to go several times a week and enjoy the water, the trees, and all the critters. I've been so busy -- and adding rehabbing baby squirrels at home has barely left me energy to brush my teeth let alone get "me time" like a meandering hour in nature. But it is just the thing to revive a tired gal, and I will try to go again very soon.

To spare you seeing only squirrel pictures for the next few thousand posts, I took a picture of three new ducks I'd never seen before. They made a handsome trio and if I were a duck I think I might want to join their little gang.

Too bad you know who wasn't standing in the middle and we could come up with all kinds of nicknames for them like The Reverse Oreos or Piano Keys or something like that. I guess the latter could still apply....

I love the little poof of feathers on the top of the black one's head. Such a Dandy that one.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I like the poof on the black one and the curly tail feathers of the white ones. I also like those bright eyes that look right at you. Okay, I love ducks and thank you for taking their picture.

I'm glad you had some time to take your walk on your own and enjoy the nature that fills your soul. I hope you can do that more often!

nollyposh said...

~Gorgeous~ <3

meb said...

Oh how sweet they are. Is this the same place you used to see Mr. and Mrs. Goose (or M/M Duck) that you used to keep up with. At any rate, this threesome is beautiful. The black one almost looks like a shadow of the other two. Great pix.

Miss Kilpy said...

Glad to hear you are out for yourself. Woman cannot live on rehabilitating squirrels alone.