The night before New Years Eve, I stole out into the frigid temps to take this snap of the breathtaking full moon. I stood there in the blackness and looked through the bare branches at the glow that was radiating from it, in awe. It was almost like the moon was exhaling all around and you could see the breath, like I could see my own as I was standing there shivering in my slippers and pj's under my down coat.
There was supposed to be a Blue Moon on the big night, but it was so cloudy then I couldn't see a thing. I still went out and tilted my face skyward and made my new year wishes on it, a tradition I started many moons ago.
Did you see it where you were? Did you take any pictures? Tell me in the comments what it looked like to you...

3 comments:
The sky cleared several hours before midnight out at the country house so I did get to see it. No picture though. My camera isn't good enough.
We saw it and it was gorgeous. I didn't think to take a picture though. Duh ...
Your picture is gorgeous. It would make a fabulous book cover!
Lovely poetic post and photo!
I missed the blue moon but we did have a huge gorgeous glowing jewel in the sky a few weeks before. It looked like this: http://ladyfi.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/bella-luna/
Post a Comment