Saturday, February 13, 2010

Anything for a Bite of Green

At The Zoo, the resident herd of giraffes are very well fed, and quite loved and pampered. So it is not from hunger that on occasion I have seen one doing this when there are no visitors on grounds...It's just because they're orally fixated!

Isn't this what long necks are for? But long legs certainly don't make this so easy. To be this close and see them do it is surreal. They are such gentle beings.

8 comments:

LadyFi said...

That's because the grass is greener on the other side...

Sydney said...

Woah LadyFi! Badum dum! GOOD ONE!!!!

We need to give away a prize for that! Brilliant.

LadyFi said...

Great photo too!

:-)

Rockwrites said...

Too bad it was obstructed by bushes but there was no other angle to catch the moment at.

The Tusk said...

I'm guessing thats not an electric fence above its head.

Laurie said...

I just had a vision of those legs moving further and further out ... splat! I guess they have good traction with those hooves, eh?

Kowabunga Mama said...

Next thing you know you'll catch them doing yoga. Nimble little things.

Kate said...

I love their big eyes- with the enormous lashes. They just look so incredibly gentle.