Saturday, March 13, 2010

Progress


In a matter of one week, Peter Paul and Mary's ears have come unpinned and have sprouted what will become little white tufts of oh-so-soft hair behind them. Hair on their chinny chin chins is getting longer and their bellies have gotten fuzzier. Their eyes continue to develop as two of them reacted by squeezing their still closed eyelids together when I blew on them or if I have them in bright light. They sleep and eat and really don't do much else at this stage. Soon they will be awake for parts of the day and crawling around, testing their legs.

But I did notice that in just 5 days, their bottom two teeth are now visible. Get ready for the picture (albeit blurry)...


I know. Little darlings. I have such love for these babies! Just like taking a walk under the blue sky and brilliant sunshine makes me aware that there really is something more going on in the universe than I remember when running around in daily life, when I tenderly care for these sweet little beings, well, this will tell you what I mean:

A woman approached the great Indian saint, Ramakrishna, and said:
‘I find that I do not love God. The concept does not move me.’
He asked her “Is there nothing in the world that you do love?”
And she said ‘Yes, I love my little nephew.’
Ramakrishna replied
“There He is.”
~~ Unknown ~~


6 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh those tiny sweet babies. They get me every time. Glad to see they are doing well in your tender loving care. I like your quote, too.

Pawprint said...

Ohh! He's so cute!!

Green Gal said...

How sweet!!

yoborobo said...

Oh my gosh! I raised a baby squirrel once, about 20 years ago. His name was Sidney. :) We think a hawk or a coyote got his mama, and he was crying like crazy up in his nest. We held out for a few days, hoping she would come back, and then my DH rescued him. He was the cutest thing in the world. :) You brought back some great memories with this post! :) Pam

Anonymous said...

Adorable photos, and I also love reading your descriptions. Great quote from Ramakrishna, I am going to have to google him. : )

Kowabunga Mama said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet. Thanks so much.