Friday, April 2, 2010

Lunch!

I keep trying to capture the utter bliss and bonding that happens for squirrels and substitute moms alike when it's time to nurse, but I can never seem to hold the squirrel, the milk and the camera at the same time. This though, is one of the better attempts. It caught a little of the paw action, those cute little pads that are so warm and those long, long fingers with what looks like a very fancy kind of manicure.... those little nails.

But I think I like this one because it catches the little mouth movement that some do after drinking. A little smack of the mouth, moving the last of the milk around on that little tongue like it's the best milkshake ever. And there is a full on face shot that I hope conveys just how cute these little fellas are.





As you can see by the last few frames, it's only a few seconds before the little one is in motion again...

Actually, after milk they usually go down fast, crash right in your hand and are fast asleep in 10 seconds flat. I wish I could sleep like that!

3 comments:

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I love watching them "nurse"...kittens too. And the best milkshake ever! With it being 93 here today, a milkshake sounds delightful!

Laurie said...

Adorable. Animals are so sweet when they nurse. You did a great job on the camera work considering all you were doing!

Rockwrites said...

teri, I wach what you capture of the kittiens over and over when you have a littler.

Laurie, one day I would love to get a tripod up or SOMETHING!