Monday, November 15, 2010

The Big King

As I have mentioned before, Jonathan, the majestic and regal African Lion at the Zoo is my self-proclaimed boyfriend.... that is, when I am not crushing on Kiva, the 18-ft tall Masai giraffe. But this is all about Jonathan.

Jonathan.....


Look at that face.
*sigh*

I wasn't kidding about him.
You can see it can't you?

9 comments:

indie grrrl said...

he's one handsome dude!

Rockwrites said...

I knew you had good taste Sandy!

ellen abbott said...

Oh yeah. Definitely boyfriend material.

The Tusk said...

such a punuhm, you could see the feline in him. A certain beauty in the majestic and at the least we look past the beast, to see only the penetrating eyes the warmth of the pad in his paw. His gaze is serene, His mane is merely a wisp of a reminder of a roar that rumbles through you and through you to remind you who is ... of the jungle.

Woodswoman Abroad said...

Indeed, a beautiful face. And if Jonathan shaved his ruff (I'm not suggesting that!), he and Marley could be brothers. This is what I love about my Marley's face as well. Rugged but a hint of the gentleness that might be underneath.

You go, girl!

meb said...

What a handsome specimen!

Kimberly said...

he's a handsome guy but Kiva is my fav!!! ;) speaking of Kiva, we're planning our next visit to the zoo to see the new exhibits.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Cats are cats...wonderful. As a side note, I have a friend who was sprayed on by a cheetah...I can't even imagine!

Zom said...

Loving your photos.
xx