There are two kinds of cats - the talkative, bendable, must-be-with-you-at-all-times lap cat, and the cold, cigarette smoking, trench coat wearing cats - too cool for you. My childhood cat Puff was the latter. I loved him more than anything or anyone in the world.
I dealt with his testy meows, his rejections, and finnicky eating habits for his short life of 10 years... and I told you how much I loved him anyway right? But if I could have another cat, I'd hope to get one like this calico who ran up to greet me when I checked into the Paia Inn in Maui.
She chatted with me as she led me to my room, came right in as I unpacked, walked back out the door with me, and bid me a noisy adieu as we parted ways in the parking lot.
The next morning I went to get coffee on the lanai and found her napping on a chair. True to form, though you can tell she is a little groggy, she immediately snapped awake and said not one but four hellos.
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Pretty cat! Hope you are having fun.
Hi Laurie, I'm not there in HI right now... it was earlier this year but it was beautiful. Maui is one of my favorite places in the world.
Post a Comment