Have you ever noticed that cows are very interested in you when you walk near them or stop your car close to their fence, perhaps rolling down your window to get a look? (notice the guys in the back too?)
As I write that, I realize that not everyone has had the occasion to be around cows or would care about a cow enough to visit...
Thanks to the miracle of photography and blogspot, I can deliver the experience to you today (especially if you click on the photo to enlarge), lol. The thing I can't quite duplicate is how unexpectedly LARGE they are.

10 comments:
I love cows, those big beautiful liquid eyes!!
Hope you are having a nice holiday!
xxsm
My granddaddy had cows all his life. He would walk in the pasture with them, some you could pet, others would just watch you and run or walk away if you got to close. I was afraid of them when I was little so he would put me in the back of the pick up so I could be out there with him and my brother. In my teens, I learned to call them to the fence where I was standing.
I love this cow. I'm actually quite interested in them. Not much really happens in their world on a daily basis, most of the time, so when we arrive at their fence, hello. Watch out for the high head still walk, though...
that was supposed to read: high-headed, stiff-legged walk. Sorry.
Cows are big, you are right. I don't know them well enough to know what they are thinking or what they will do. As in, will they decide to attack me or run from me. Even after being told repeatedly that 'they are more afraid of you than you are of them', I still prefer to examine them from a distance. Also to watch where I am walking when I am in their home field. Perhaps instead of fear, you could say I have a healthy respect for their presence.
Grew up in my teenaage years with my best friend being a farmer's daughter. We milked the cows even when you did it by hand. They didn't like me... I think I was doing it wrong. Plus I think they sensed I was afraid of them. They finally got electric milkers.
Learned how to drive on a tractor. Destroyed one in the learning. Ran into a post going full speed. Couldn't figure out how to get it to stop. Luckily my friend told her father she did it. Don't think he believed her, but didn't embarrass me by saying so.
Love this post Sydney. Beautiful cow!
Since I was on my grandparent's farm alot while growing up, you might say I was a cow boy. Walking through a field of cows, they will all turn their heads and stare at you in that dull stare, kind of like a cat.
Wow, who knew that a picture of a cow could bring out so many stories!!! I loved hearing every one!
Usually when cows see a human, they equate it to here comes the food. I would go into the pasture field with the heifers and they would come running from far away. If they were lucky they would get an apple off the tree.
LOL WV is seenn
Post a Comment