Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Never One The Same

From my husband's little log cabin, 9,500 feet up in the Colorado Rockies, we watched a most unusual sunset unfold to the west.
The clouds seemed to have fire within them.

 I wanted to paint it


Once it had set, all was serene, quiet. A wash of silky transparent peach and melon color swept the sky, the mountains turning black in contrast. 

5 comments:

Chris Daly said...

Amazing photos Sydney. What a wonderful place to see such a sunset!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! The shot with the clouds and red peeking through looks like a jack-o-lantern.

Anonymous said...

Yummy sunset Sydney! I wish I was in a cabin up in the mountains!
xxsm

nollyposh said...

Hey when ARE you going to paint that missy??? Just popped in to say a HUGE ~Thankyou~ to my lovely bloggy Kris Kringle... Got your package yesterday with perffect timing... Isn't that funny it took it's time because you got the postcode back to front (Lol!) but arrived like a special gift for Lara and i to share in hospital... Funny that hey! *Kissez* to ya luv from Vicki xox

meb said...

Beautiful pix Sydney. I love what you can do with a camera. You give us the opportunity to see what you see wherever you are. Thanks.