Can you tell they are the fastest cat by the little sprint the brother makes at the end? That's nothing. They get up to speeds of 65mph. But while that may enable them to catch their prey, they often are so pooped after such exertion that often they have no energy left to fight off hyena or other meal thieves!
Since we were looking at the differences in spots on the previous post, I thought I'd upload this so you can see that the Cheetah's spots are just solid black. These guys still have adolescent fur sticking up. I think their keeper told me they will not be so bushy looking but will develop sleeker coats as they mature.
Beautiful faces, eh?

4 comments:
Lovely creatures! I love their streamlined look that's been made for high speeds. When we were on a safari in Tanzania, we saw a cheetah mother hunt down an antelope. There were two younger looking cheetahs in the distance - I think they were her babies. But as you said, she was so pooped after she'd caught the antelope that she was powerless to defend it against a lion who slowly walked over to her and just took her meal and walked away!! It was mind-boggling how rude he was. But we were told that's normal!
Great video Sydney... love the way they are so sleek and colorful. Thanks also for the teaching lesson on their spots and who's who. Realy neat to know.
I got carried away with one of your bloggers "The Texas Woman" so couldn't resist going over and taking a look. She's writing a novel and it's fascinating... I've been over there reading thru Chapter 4. Guess Chapter 5 is Friday, so I'll be returning to read it too.
I forgot how I got there until I came back here and realized I just clicked on one your bloggers name. That's how I found bindu too.
Love your posts. Keep 'em coming!
Had to come back and write somthing just to say the wv for this one is
laturipp... that's what I say!
I was able to visit the zoo when we traveled to Adelaide last week. It has been a long time as there isn't one near us.
I was able to draw and look. I spent the entire day there.
I thought of you.
Post a Comment