Springtime has hit the park. I was taking a sunset walk and it was quiet. In the distance I heard the high pitched wail of a Chinese goose. My ears perked up and my feet followed the call.
Since I'd seen the newer pair a ways back, (click HERE to read about them) I figured it had to be Mr or Mrs Goose. Sure enough, as I rounded the path near the middle island where they retire at night, there he was standing guard as his Mrs. Foraged for tender green shoots among a little field of purple wildflowers. He's such a gorgeous bird, and a great mate. I just love him. You can see her bending over to the right of the screen here and there. Toward the end, I pan out so you can see the setting -- their little island in the center of the small lake -- better.
It really is a romantic spot, with the moss hanging down from tree limbs, the flowers scattered about, the water gently rippling all around. A calming sight. What a blissful stroll I had. And hopefully, this brought a little of that to you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a beautiful place you live in. Thank for the post and the picture.
i love your blog!
i m a nature lover also!
Very serene. I'm sure they will have a string of chicks following them around soon!
Well hello Barry! I'm so glad you came to visit! It IS beautiful isn't it? Please come back -- I post almost everyday.
ASOON -- A Welcome to you too. Thank you so much for coming by and commenting. I hope to see you again.
And Bindu -- I was thinking about you this morning and poof here you are. I've been so busy with school I have not been writing or reading as much in blogland, except for this one blog. I would love to see chicks but in the three years I've known them, I have never seen any. But Mrs. Goose has been gone for a few weeks a year, and Mr. Goose takes bachelor strolls, so I always thought she might be sitting on a nest.
Great video Sydney. Love to watch Mr. and Mrs. Goose. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Post a Comment