Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ode to New Life


Sweet little bunny securely in my hand. Helpless but trusting, as he must be. Tiny tiny baby, full of the promise of life.


Look at the cute white marking on his head! Precious little one.


And I call this Hang Ten Bunny. Every toenail, his nostrils, whiskers, tail and ears... each soft hair, every tiny bit of this little creature illustrates utter perfection, brought to you by Mother Nature in all her mystery, majesty and power.

(Don't forget that you can click on each picture and they will open up in a larger window)

6 comments:

Margo said...

They look so innocent and helpless when they are that new. I think I need to contact the local animal rescue place and volunteer like you. My only problem is I'm not available during the week. I don't know - we will see.

Margo

Sydney said...

Hi Margo -- I don't know about your area but they need people night and day 7 days a week. SPCA's need people to walk dogs and give them (and cats) love.

The wildlife rehabs, especially during mating seasons when they get lots of orphaned babies in, need to give up to 5 feedings a day, keep things clean, take new drop offs all the time, so even if you can only do a few hours on a weekend or one evening a month, I'm sure they would be grateful!

Barry said...

I think I remember looking in the Dictionary under "cute" and seeing his picture there!

meb said...

God's little creatures. He is so precious Sydney. I know you must have such a difficult time leaving them there at the shelter, but also knowing that they are getting the best of care.

My granddaughter wants to volunteer at the SPCA and probably will soon. I just hope she can control herself and not get attached to any one animal. We already have 4 cats and one dog. Love 'em, but you have to be able to afford them if you're going to take care of them properly.

Thanks for this blog... It is so rewarding to see.

bindu said...

It's only on your blog that I get to see these cute little creatures! Thanks, Sydney!

nollyposh said...

awwww my gOOdneSS i'm dying of cuteness-ness