Saturday, April 11, 2009

Today I checked on the baby owl. He's grown into his big eyes at least, but still seems fairly helpless. A little less wobbly, and very fuzzy. I took a few seconds of video and a picture...


The pic below (without the cage door between us) is a little blurry because I snapped it quickly. I had several rows of opossum babies who I wanted to give fresh milk and water to. But I could not resist the chance to document his growth. I learn so much every day that I do this work.

Right across from him were twin great horned owls, who are what the baby will grow into. As you can see from their equal fuzziness, they are still not adults, but they are strong, able to stand on their own. Aren't they just a fabulous sight? Click on the pic to enlarge.

(PS: CLICK HERE and HERE to see past pictures of the baby over the last few weeks)

6 comments:

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Amazing progress. Owls are sooo owlish and wonderful to look at. Thank you so much for the nice comment you left me recently...it means a lot to me that you shared your thoughts and feelings and caring. It would have been nice to share that dinner and view with you!

I'm still on babywatch-3-5 more days to go now, so I will be setting the alarm for every 2 hours at night to check on Coco--she's in the kittening tent next to my bed, so all I have to do is turn on the light, look and feel, and go back to sleep!

meb said...

So precious Sydney. I love owls...they are so regal. These will be too once they lose all that fuzzy stuff. Smile.

Red Shoe Artist said...

My absolute favourite bird... thanks for sharing

bindu said...

Those eyes are just incredible! Thanks for bringing this precious little owl to us!

Unknown said...

Woo're you looking at? You looking at me?

nollyposh said...

oh i soooo love em
LOVE em!
yes indeedie doo
Thankyou x